- It’s normal for your clothes to turn yellow as they age. But it’s always possible to revive your old white t-shirt. Discover valuable tips to recover your clothes and leave them impeccable. These methods are simple and will not take much time. You have reasons to rejoice since it’s possible to recover your discolored or yellowed clothes due to use. Fans of the DIY system know that these techniques will allow you to make them as white as snow!
There are natural methods to preserve your clothes for a long time Even if you take great care not to damage your clothes by knowing the correct washing procedures, they can become yellow and impossible to use. Good news: you won’t have to throw them away, as there are ways to restore your clothes to their original color. The ingredients you will need to save them are within reach in the kitchen! You will save costly laundry expenses with these effective tips with these natural household products to restore your clothes to their former glory.
- White vinegar If the washing machine is no longer sufficient to restore the whiteness of your clothes, this method is formidable. And this also applies to your towels and sheets. To get rid of this stubborn and unsightly discoloration, have you thought about white vinegar? If stains affect parts of the fabric, just rub them with this acidic and devilishly effective solution for the home. Then let it rest for up to two hours and proceed with a normal wash.
- Lemon Known for its whitening properties, lemon is a citrus fruit of choice for your clothes. For this DIY System preparation, you will need 2 grams of salt and the juice of 2 lemons. You can also replace the salt with baking soda, also known for its ability to whiten fabrics. Mix all these ingredients in warm water that you put in a sink for an express hand wash. Magic, right? Lemon is a natural household product. You would do wrong to deprive yourself of it!”
- Hydrogen Peroxide This chemical is often recommended for removing the yellowish appearance of textiles. However, it is imperative to dilute this liquid to avoid damaging them. To use it, mix one part of hot water and half part of hydrogen peroxide in a container. Let the garment or clothing soak for a few minutes before washing and finally rinsing it. A smart method that will allow you to recover whiteness in a short time.
- Marseille Soap For a good reason, housewives of yesteryear used it for everything! Marseille soap, which can also help you sleep, is highly detergent and will allow you to find clothes as white as snow! Just follow this advice carefully. Start by soaping the fabric before letting it rest for an hour in the product. In a sink or basin, scrub vigorously. All you have to do is rinse and dry to see the incredible result. If your fabrics are large like a duvet or sheets, you can make your own whitening detergent. So grate 150 grams of this soap that you will mix with a cup of soda crystals. Pour this preparation into 3 liters of boiling water. Mix these products and let this improvised detergent cool in a sealed container. All you have to do is place this liquid in the tank dedicated to the detergent liquid. Activate the machine!
- Eggshell Don’t throw them away! They can be formidable for your clothes, although it may seem surreal. To use them, you have to put them in small pieces in a sock that you have tied. Make sure to fill it only halfway before placing it in the drum of your washing machine. This power is due to the high level of calcium in the shells. Did you know that you can use them for 10 other uses in your home?
- Powdered Milk To give a second life to your clothes, nothing like a bit of dehydrated milk. Mix this product with water and soak your clothes in this mixture. For more impressive results, dry your clothes in the sun. This trick is also valid with regular milk as long as you soak it for an hour in this drink