Dedicated to well-being, the bathroom should always be clean and smell good. However, it can happen that our moments of relaxation and leisure in this space are spoiled by nauseating odors. Conventional perfumes and air fresheners can mask and eliminate bad odors, but they remain toxic to health and the environment. We reveal in our article how to deodorize your bathroom with simple, natural, and economical tricks.
For the bathroom’s fragrance process to be as natural as possible, we offer you economical and ecological ideas. Natural products are healthier and, therefore, less likely to cause allergic reactions because they do not contain harsh chemicals.
Here are 7 homemade fragrance ideas for a pleasantly smelling bathroom:
- Fabric softener in the toilet tank It’s a proven method. To pleasantly perfume the toilets and the bathroom, simply pour a generous dose of fabric softener into the tank. Each time you flush, a nice aroma invades the room, and the softener acts as an air freshener. It is also possible to prepare a homemade fabric softener with natural ingredients if you are concerned about the chemicals in conventional fabric softeners.
- Cotton with essential oils This trick is simple: it involves soaking a cotton ball in an essential oil of your choice and placing it in a strategic location in the bathroom. You can choose from essential oils like lavender, lemon, or cinnamon. Know that you can also use this trick to perfume your car by soaking a clothespin in essential oil and attaching it to the car’s air vents.
- Aromatic soap One of the simplest and most classic options remains aromatic soap. You can choose a soap with lemon, lavender, marine scents… The choice is yours, and you can place it strategically in the bathroom. In addition, this trick is economical and remains very practical.
Cinnamon and Vanilla:
Gourmet Aromas To prepare this homemade scent, you will need the following ingredients:
- Cinnamon and Vanilla: Gourmet Aromas To prepare this homemade scent, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup of water In a saucepan, put all the ingredients and bring them to a boil for two minutes on low heat. Then strain the mixture and let it cool. Pour the liquid into a spray bottle and spray it all over the bathroom.
- Lemon, the Citrus of Freshness To eliminate bad odors, nothing beats the lemony freshness of this citrus. Thanks to its citric acid, lemon removes persistent limescale stains and also disinfects metal and glass surfaces. This citrus is interesting as it leaves a fragrant lemon scent that subtly spreads in the bathroom. To take advantage of this, you can rub half a lemon on toilets or glass surfaces to clean and disinfect while deodorizing the room.
- Fabric Softener as a Deodorant to Perfume To prepare this special fragrance for the bathroom, simply mix in a spray bottle one tablespoon of fabric softener and half a cup of water. Shake everything to mix well and then spray on towels to perfume them. This leaves a sweet scent in the bathroom.
- The Perfumed Toilet Brush If you want to perfume the toilet bowl while cleaning it, put 10 to 15 drops of essential oil on the toilet brush. When used to scrub toilets, a pleasant fragrance will be released, and your toilet will always smell good.