Homemade Mascarpone Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make, you’ll think twice before buying it from the store again… Only 2 ingredients and some cheesecloth are needed to make it.
- 500 ml cream (over 30% fat)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it nearly boils (85 degrees Celsius).
- Add the lemon juice and continue stirring until the cream thickens.
- In a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl, lay the slightly damp cheesecloth in 4 layers.
- Pour the thickened cream into the cheesecloth-lined sieve and leave it at room temperature until it cools completely. Do not press or squeeze the cream!
- Once the cream has reached room temperature, cover the sieve with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-12 hours.
- Homemade mascarpone can be stored in the refrigerator and used within a week.
- Now you can make tiramisu with homemade mascarpone and a multitude of other delicious desserts!
Enjoy your meal!